Saturday, January 31, 2009

Slowing Down

This year seemed to reveal some promise as it began...that I could some how become more of myself than I am in the habit of being lately...that I could find a place in my life to stop stumbling and stand firmly...that I could abandon this failed project of relationship building in order begin anew. For the moment, I feel more tired and worn than I have the right to be. I feel the slovenliness seeping into my bones. I know I can fail. And I am afraid that caffeine can't fix me.

1 comment:

Monica said...

If I was actually wise enough to think it was the right thing to do, I would slap you up side the head and tell you to get over yourself. But as I'm just me, and don't really know if that would be helpful, I'll just say I love you and hang in there.

-Monica