Thursday, June 26, 2008

Andrea Gibson (updated)

I've been spending a lot of time with a girl who's into slam poetry and Judaism over the last couple of weeks. She's not going to be around much anymore, which explains why I actually have time do some posting, but I thought I'd kick off my (hopefully) more frequent batch of postings with a couple clip of someone she turned me on to. Oddly enough, the very next person I met was also a fan and gave me one of her CDs, so I guess I was meant to fall in love with Andrea's work and I did. enjoy.

Andrew by Andrea Gibson
(A gender poem)


Blue Blanket by Andrea Gibson
(A sexual assault poem)


For Eli by Andrea Gibson
(A war poem)


Swingset by Andrea Gibson
(A gender poem)


Dive by Andrea Gibson
(a life poem)


Wasabi by Andrea Gibson
(A love poem)


Emergency Room by Andrea Gibson
(A suicide poem)


Walmart by Andrea Gibson
(A coming out poem)


Say Yes by Andrea Gibson
(A love poem)

No comments: